A user MUST be at least 16 years of age to have a profile.
A user cannot create multiple profiles in the same account. Only one profile per user.
SportsMate makes it easy to connect with friends and make new ones, but please remember that what you post publicly could embarrass you or expose you to danger. Here are some common sense guidelines that you should follow when using SportsMate:
- Don't forget that your profile is available to the public. Don't post anything you wouldn't want the world to know (e.g., your phone number, address, IM screens name, or specific whereabouts). Avoid posting anything that would make it easy for a stranger to find you.
- People aren't always who they say they are. Be careful about adding strangers to your friends list. It's fun to connect with new SportsMate friends, but avoid meeting people in person whom you do not fully know. If you do meet someone, do it in a public place and bring a friend or trusted adult.
- Harassment, hate speech and inappropriate content should be reported. If you feel someone's behaviour is inappropriate, react. Talk with a trusted adult, or report it to SportsBase or the authorities.
- Don't post anything that would embarrass you later. Think twice before posting a photo or info you wouldn't want your parents or boss to see!
- Don't mislead people into thinking that you're older or younger. If you are under 16 and pretend to be older, customer service will delete your profile. If you are over 18 and pretend to be a teenager to contact underage users, customer service will delete your profile.
- Don’t get hooked by a phishing scam. Phishing is a method used by fraudsters to try to get your personal information, such as your username and password, by pretending to be a site you trust.
For further information please use these following sources:
- OnGuard Online: FTC safety tips